Functie / Function:
As a system operations engineer, you will design and build the company's infrastructure platform for federated identity management. Your work will reach millions of end-users and is mission critical for many of their high profile customers. They expect you to become an expert on systems automation and security and they also expect you to expand your areas of expertise. Within this role you will educate your colleagues and our customers. They have various exciting projects and always strive to push the envelope with our work.
Some of the challenging tasks of a Linux system engineer
- Create highly secure infrastructure solutions within our area of expertise;
- Design and implement infrastructure solutions that maximize availability and stability;
- Continuous review of the infrastructure to mitigate and minimize security vulnerabilities;
- Monitor the databases and actively contribute to upgrade the performance and security or come up with other improvements;
- Become an expert in various areas of systems automation and security;
- Periodically prepare and share domain knowledge in knowledge sessions with your colleagues;
- Support and educate colleagues about the architecture and help them utilize it to its full potential.
Gewenst / Desirable:
- You have experience as SysOps engineer working with Linux/Unix, vulnerability scanning, networking and virtualization;
- Bachelor level of thinking and experience;
- Deployment frameworks experience such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet;
- You have experience with troubleshooting and server hardening;
- You speak, understand and are able to communicate in Dutch as well as in English;
- Living in The Netherlands;
- Infrastructure experience such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, VMWare (virtualisation), Apache, Tomcat, Cisco, Juniper, Nagios;
- Knowledge of SSH, HAProxy, PKI, TLS;
- You know how to work with high volume transaction environments.
Working at our client's office is committing to an organization with inspiring and smart colleagues. They communicate informally and know how to find each other easily. They are open to feedback and are nice and critical. They work hard and with pleasure.
- Competitive salary
- 25 vacation days
- Fast growing, financially healthy company with a flat structure, in an informal, flexible atmosphere
- An internationally oriented and innovative high-tech environment
- Stimulance for personal development
- They will take good care of you with free drinks, fruit, lunch and fresh salads
- Cool office with table football and table tennis